No deal for Czech billionaire Kellner

CzechNews
24. 4. 2009 16:30
Kellner´s PPF is out of the competition for a commission worth some CZK 115 billion to clean up ecological damage.
The face of secretive Petr Kellner is almost unknown to the public.
The face of secretive Petr Kellner is almost unknown to the public. | Foto: PPF

Prague - Three out of six candidates have advanced into the second round of one of the biggest tenders in Czech history - a commission worth some CZK 115 billion to clean up ecological damage.

Billionaire Petr Kellner's company PPF (which created a consortium together with AVE CZ, Dekonta, ECOSOIL) is out of the competition, Finance Ministry spokesman Ondřej Jakob said Thursday.

"The ministry evaluated the applications of all candidates as part of the public tender for the removal of ecological damage. The ministry will give access to the dataroom to three applicants who have satisfied the conditions of the competition," the ministry said. The companies are Geosan Group, Marius Pedersen Engineering, and Environmental services (formerly Karob).

"The decision of the Finance Ministry surprised us. We will carefully study the reason given by the ministry. Before we have an expert and legal analysis, we will refrain from making any comments," said PPF spokesman Alexej Bechtin.

Price to be the deciding factor

With access to the dataroom, the applicants will gain detailed information about all the locations and will be able to form an analysis, based on which they will need to give a price estimate within 120 days. The price will be the deciding factor.

In the first round, the candidates had to prove their ability to handle the commission by presenting references and documents, proving sufficient funds, personnel, technical equipment, financial guarantees and technical capacity.

The three applicants who did not satisfy the conditions to advance into the next round have a 15-day deadline to file a complaint against the decision. Aside from the PPF consortium, the partnership Deme Environmental Contractors and Dredging International, as well as the group PD-Gruppe - Stavoprogress, made up of P-D Industriegesellschaft and Stavoprogres Brno also didn't advance.

The ministry said earlier that the commission aims to decrease the price of cleaning up the ecological damage created before 1992. If the ecological damage was to be removed using current practices, by giving out individual commissions, the ministry says the state would not be able to meet the 2015 deadline to repair the ecological damage.

Adapted by the Prague Daily Monitor.

 

Právě se děje

před 4 hodinami

Turín poprvé prohrál. Doma nestačil na nováčka z Lecce

Fotbalisté FC Turín ve třetím kole italské ligy nestačili na domácím hřišti na nováčka z Lecce a po porážce 1:2 poprvé v sezoně ztratili body. Jediným týmem se stoprocentní bilancí zůstal v Serii A Inter Milán, na jehož hřišti se v úterý představí pražská Slavia při vstupu do Ligy mistrů.

Hosté z Lecce přijeli do Turína k dohrávce se skóre 0:5 po prvních dvou kolech a jejich čekání na gól ukončil ve 35. minutě brazilský útočník Diego Farias dorážkou vlastní střely vyražené brankářem. Po změn stran vyrovnal z penalty za faul Andrea Belotti, ale čtvrt hodiny před koncem Marco Mancosu další pohotovou dorážkou po zákroku gólmana Salvatoreho Sirigua rozhodl o tříbodovém zisku pro outsidera.

před 6 hodinami

Útok na ropná zařízení je odvetou Jemenců za agresi Saúdů, tvrdí íránský prezident

Útok na saúdskoarabská ropná zařízení byl odplatou Jemenců za agresi Saúdské Arábie, uvedl íránský prezident Hasan Rúhání. Informovala o tom agentura Reuters. K víkendovému útoku se sice přihlásili jemenští povstalci, Rijád ale vyjádřil pochybnosti, že úder byl veden z Jemenu, a Spojené státy tvrdí, že za akcí je Teherán. "Jemenci uplatňují své zákonné právo na obranu… útoky byly odvetným opatřením za dlouholetou agresi vůči Jemenu," uvedl Rúhání na tiskové konferenci v Ankaře, kde dnes s prezidenty Turecka a Ruska Recepem Tayyipem Erdoganem a Vladimirem Putinem jednal o syrské krizi.

Zdroj: ČTK
před 6 hodinami

Volejbalisté dostali na ME lekci od polských mistrů světa

Čeští volejbalisté ve třetím zápase na evropském šampionátu dostali lekci od úřadujících mistrů světa Poláků. Při rozlučce s Rotterdamem od druhého setu nedostali šanci a prohráli 18:25, 12:25 a 15:25. O postup do osmifinále budou Češi po dni volna bojovat již v Amsterodamu proti domácímu Nizozemsku a Černé Hoře.

Poláci vyhráli poslední dva světové šampionáty, ale na evropskou medaili čekají od roku 2011, kdy získali ve Vídni bronz. Proti českému výběru si připsali třetí vítězství na tomto ME ze tří zápasů.

Svěřenci Michala Nekoly mají bilanci jedné výhry a dvou porážek, a pokud chtějí postoupit do play off, potřebují skončit v šestičlenné skupině do čtvrtého místa.

Další zprávy